ABOUT DR. LUKE BOONE
Dr. Boone is an experienced physician and surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgery, facial rejuvenation, cosmetic and revisional breast surgery, and body contouring.
Originally from Alabama, Dr. Boone obtained his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta (2014) and completed five years of General Surgery training at the University of Missouri Kansas City (2019). He excelled in his surgical residency and was awarded consultant of the year.
He completed three years of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery training at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center Chattanooga. He is a member of the Gold Humanism Honor Society and was nominated for the Harold Alper, Humanitarian Award at UTHSC Chattanooga during his last year as chief resident.
Dr. Boone has published work on surgical education and has presented on multiple topics within both general and plastic surgery. He has been the speaker for several grand rounds and was invited to present his clinical research at the Thuss Lecture at Vanderbilt University. He is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the Aesthetic Society, and the Greater Sacramento Plastic Surgery Society.
Dr. Boone lives in Sacramento with his partner, Cory, and their two Goldendoodles, Reece and Reagan. He enjoys being out in nature doing activities such as hiking, skiing, lake and river sports, camping, and relaxing with music in a hammock. He also enjoys traveling, especially to places with good food and wine.
Internship and Residency
2022 Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – University of Tennessee – Chattanooga, US
2019 General Surgery – University of Missouri – Kansas City, US
2022 Doctor of Medicine – Medical College of Georgia – Augusta, US
Graduate and Undergraduate
2022 Master of Science, Biology – Georgia State University – Atlanta, US
2022 Bachelor of Science, Biology, magna cum laude – University of Alabama at Birmingham – Birmingham, US
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The Aesthetic Society
- Greater Sacramento Plastic Surgery Society
Honors and Awards
2022 Alper Humanitarian Award Nominee, UTHSC Chattanooga
2018 Consultant of the Year, UMKC
2017 American College of Surgeons, Missouri Chapter Poster Presentations
2017 Kansas City Surgical Society Humanitarian Scholarship
2013 Gold Humanism Honor Society
2009 Excellence in Teaching Award – GSU Department of Biology
- Boone L, Lypka M. Surgical correction of webbed neck deformity in a patient with Noonan like syndrome. Plastic Surgery Education Network 2017; online access.
- Vhalla BK, Boone L, Lewis F, Gucwa AL, Kruse EJ. The utility of the matrix format for surgical morbidity and mortality conference. Am Surg 2015; 81(5): 503-6.
- Boone L, Mendoza D, Domingo F, et al. Implant-based breast reconstruction in the large, ptotic breast utilizing auto-augmentation techniques. Thuss Lecture Weekend Vanderbilt University. Nashville, TN, September 18, 2021.
- Boone L, Hodges C, Thurston T. Improved feeding habits in patients with cleft lip and/or palate using an institution-wide feeding education program. PSQI Annual Quality Day. Chattanooga, TN, May 29, 2020.
- Boone L, Goldstein J, Lypka M, et al. An analysis of craniofacial websites. Annual International Society of Craniofacial Surgery meeting. Cancun, Mexico, October 24-28, 2017.
- Boone L, Faisal F, Chhabra R, Cummings L. Complete weaning of total parenteral nutrition in short bowel syndrome with teduglutide. Annual American College of Surgeons: Missouri Chapter meeting. Lake Ozark, MO, May 21, 2017.
- Harrison AW, Carnahan M, Boone L, et al. Portal venous aneurysm at the spleno-mesenteric confluence. Annual American College of Surgeons: Missouri Chapter meeting. Lake Ozark, MO, May 21, 2017.
2021 Resident Advisory Committee
2016 Senator, Resident House-staff Council
2013 Vice-President, Gold Humanism Honor Society – MCG chapter
2012 Co-Founder, Health Equity and Access Leaders
2011 Near Peer Mentor, Health Equity and Access Leaders
2011 Subcommittee Chair, MCG Memorial Service for Body Donors
2011 Committee Member, GHSU Memorial Service for Families of Donors
2011 Student Leader, MCGlee